Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Canvas Chat: Meet Grace Roselynn

This week's interview is different, I met with an artist of literary the world, Grace Roselynn. She's the author of Samirah: Light and Shadows, a romance novel that debuted this summer. Its the first book in the series. Her book is currently available on Amazon and many other ebook dealers.


AtC :Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

G.R.:Well, I grew up in St. Louis City and always loved to write stories. I also enjoy traveling, swimming, LARP, researching, and spending as much time as I can with my family. I met my husband while traveling and had an epic romance. We have two beautiful little girls now and are still head over heals even after a few years of marriage. I work as a clinical massage therapist and love unraveling the puzzles that the human body presents.

AtC: What do you do when you are not writing?

G.R.: When I am not writing an adventure, I am experiencing one! My children and I are always out looking for fairies, exploring the unknown wilderness of the back yard, or learning about something new. We add dada to the mix and, before I know it, the trees become mammoths and we are running around, trail blazing through another time entirely.

AtC:; When did you first start writing?

G.R.:I started before I learned my letters. I would draw stories, when I was little, and read them to my cousin.

AtC: How did you choose the genre you write in?

G.R.:I strictly wrote fantasy until I experienced my own love story. My husband and I were nomads as teens. We bumped into each other randomly across the USA and, over the course of the next five years, never lost contact. Ah, what a romance novel that would make! Since then, my stories have held some sort of romance.


AtC: Where do you get your ideas?
G.R.: I get most of my ideas from life experiences but a lot comes from dreams as well. I have a huge imagination so it doesn't take much to inspire me.

AtC: Do you ever experience writer’s block?

G.R.:Yes and it's the worst. A day full of blasting music seems to get my creative juices going again but I have gone through long periods of writers block.

AtC: Can you tell us about your upcoming book?

G.R.: I have a few things in the works at the moment. The second book in the light and shadows series will be one of the next ones to look for. It will be full of action, intrigue, and of course romance. If you loved Samirah you are sure to love number two.

AtC: Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?

G.R.: All of Samirah is actually based off of a mushing together of my past. It is set in a fantasy world where there is hidden meanings behind a lot of what happens in the story.

AtC: What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

G.R.: My favorite parts would have to be the weapons and fighting scenes. For some reason, all three of those stirred something in my soul. I take it as a good sign when I am excited and intrigued by my own story, however silly it may sound coming from one who knows how it ends.

AtC: How did you come up with the title?

G.R.:The title was the hardest part to come up with but I wanted something that gave a fantastic and exotic feel. My friends, whom I dedicated this book to, helped a lot with brainstorming.

AtC: What project are you working on now?

G.R.: I am working on book number two in the Light and Shadows series and a Christmas love story.

AtC: Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?

G.R.: Keep writing. Its a hard thing to do when a lot of the time you will be shot down and rejected but don't give up. The keys to success are persistence and the knowledge that no matter how good you think you are, there is always room for improvement. Also, take all criticism as positive and learn from it.

AtC: Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?

G.R: I want to thank you so much for reading my stories and for your support. I would love to hear from you on facebook.com/GraceRoselynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment