Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Samurai's Last Ride at Sunset


"The Samurai's Last Ride at Sunset"

Watercolor and ink on water Color paper.

This painting is in honor of my Father. I lost him in 2007, to several health complications. He always supported me, in my every endeavor. I chose a samurai because he told me, that he lived his life like a Samurai warrior with his candle burning at both ends.
He was my father and my hero. Dedicated in memory of A.F.Q.

This painting was also entered in the Local Artist Coming Together, Artist Series II art card trading initiative. The them was based on heroes. I choose my father as I stated above. The results were announced a day or two ago. I made it in among the 25 who were chosen.  My card is going to print! I'm very excited and honored.
I've posted a photo of all those who are going to be printed.

I look forward to Artist series III. I'm also working on something with author Grace Roselynn. I'm enjoying the change of seasons. I have also started on making new new sketches for paintings. My next mermaid piece, and something involving a pink elephant.

Happy Painting,
Sorianna

No comments:

Post a Comment