Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Canvas Chat: Jeremiah Moore


This interview needs very little introduction. I'll let the interview do the work, meet Jeremiah Moore, professional artist.


AtC: Tell us about yourself in a short bio?

J.M. : My name is Jeremiah Moore; I’m an avid professional artist that should probably finish college when I find the time. I have quite the sordid past, having been quite the rebel in high school (although I still managed to graduate with a 3.4 GPA, lol)
and getting into the party scene during my sophomore year. I finally really grew up and became a functioning member of society back in 2008, when I got into a bit more serious trouble with the law. Since then, I joined the Army but got medically discharged due to a broken ankle in which the good doctor failed to catch a portion of the break (so it didn’t heal right). Now I build electrical cabinets for acoustic power tanks, the tanks themselves and medical grade hydrophones for ultrasound device measurements. In fact, there are only a handful of people in the world that can do my job, and even less that actually do.

AtC: What inspired you to become an artist?

J.M.: To be honest, I’ve been drawing since I can remember so inspiration was never a factor to me.

AtC: Who are some of your biggest inspirations?

J.R.: Leonardo DaVinci is my main hero; his intellect was amazing (his art wasn’t bad either). I also gain inspiration from the mind of Bruce Lee, his philosophy and work ethic was amazing.

AtC: Do you have any creative rituals or routines you do before you get started working on something?

J.R.: Yes, I make sure I have coffee and a LOT of classical music to listen to.

AtC: What is your favorite Medium to work in? Why that Medium?

J.R. :Ink by far is my favorite medium. There is zero room for error and I find that my skill increases the more I use it.

AtC: Can you tell us some about your work?

J.R.: I dislike talking about my work, but I’ll give it a shot… I try above all things to do original work. What I mean by that is simply this- drawing other people’s creations leave a sour taste in my mouth, so unless I’m being paid to do so I avoid it entirely.

AtC: What does being “creative” mean to you?

J.R.: Creative, hmmm. Well, for me being creative means seeing things differently before everyone else.

AtC: Tell us something funny that has happened to you recently?

J.R. :My life is pretty steady and dull actually. Funny stuff happens around me, but not to me.

AtC: Do you have any advice to give the many aspiring artists out there?

J.R.: The professional world of art is fierce. Learning other styles is essential, so do study works of your favorite artists. Try and draw a piece of theirs and make it look as close as possible to the original. In the end however, if you don’t have your own style you will decrease your chances of getting a career in art. Above all, you must set deadlines for your art. You may be the best artist the world has ever seen, but if you can’t finish pieces consistently and on time you will not last. Nobody hires the slothful.

AtC: Where can we find your work?

J.R. :Right now, just on my profiles on Facebook or MySpace. However, I’m working on a website and will have an account up on Etsy soon.


All works shared in this post are property of Jeremiah Moore and have been share with the express permission of Jeremiah Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment