Friday, April 20, 2012

Sweet Memories

"At the temple there is a poem called "Loss" carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot feel loss, only feel it."- Arthur Goldman, Memoirs of a Geisha


March 22, 2012, my grandpa passed away. That day I lost someone who I loved very much. I  had only spoken to him the day before it happened, He told me he loved me and to take care like always. It was a sad day. The quote about loss is something I think that only you feel, there are no real words to put in place of loss.


My grandpa was an amazing man who lived a full and wonderful life. He served in the Navy, traveled the world. He was also a war Vietnam War Veteran. He was a fisher man, husband, father, grandpa. great grandpa and so much more. He is also were I got some of my passion for gardening from and some of my art inspiration. I have a drawing I'll have to scan that I kept from my grandpa. He lived an amazing life, I hope to live one as full and as amazing his.

I wanted to share a memory, it's from the photo, on my wedding day. September 12, 2009,  my Grandpa walked me down the aisle and gave me away. I remember not being sure if he would be there and then seeing him as came around the corner waiting to walk me to the garden altar. The whole there he kept telling me, we could runaway, that the car was ready. Then he gave me away to my husband.

I have more great memories of Grandpa, fishing with him off Moses pier, spending summers at his house with him and Grandma, Christmas and so much more. I've lost many family members, I remember them all. everyday, I am grateful for the what they taught me and inspired me to do in my life so far. Life is a gift and time spent with others is a gift.

It took awhile for me to get back to my blog, life has been hectic since then. On a very bright note we finally found an apartment I'll be moving very soon to my new home in Riverside. I've got somethings to work on get published before the move. a new how to and some photos to share. everyone has been well.

Love,

Sorianna

No comments:

Post a Comment