Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Crochet Hooks have been busy!

I like to crochet but, I have to be in the mood for it. My family recently became larger with the addition of my new niece Hannah. Her mom is a big LSU Tiger fan, so I asked if I could make Miss Hannah a hat in the team colors. After acquiring the yarn colors of choice, I sat down for pattern research. I have made hats before, just not a hat for a baby. I think my blonde cap must have of been on.

I made my own pattern by simply reducing the number of rounds instead of following someone else's pattern. I used a scallop edging to finish the hat. I also added two matching flowers in coordinating colors of the team for the perfect touch. I am shipping off this little hat this week to my little niece I can't wait to see her in it!



Next, I decided I wanted to make an octopus. Using a concept similar to the hat, I made my own octopus pattern. For his tentacles I learned how to make curlicues they are so much easier than I thought they would be.

I also made my Octopus a girlfriend! I really love using Simply Soft yarn. It's so shiny and colors are vibrant. Anyways while Norman the octopus was trying to suck the life out this ugly face jar, I sat making him a girlfriend. In Hot pink of course.

As soon I finished her, the two of them sat for a short while together. During this time I pondered up how to finish them up and what exactly would make them a proper couple. When I finished them, I was highly pleased with their outcome.


So here they are Norman and Mary-Anne! Yes he's Rocking that 'stache! I am also going to start writing a series that decodes, how to pattern read. Some of my friends have asked me for awhile to put something together about learning to crochet and pattern read..

Till next time Happy Crafting!

Sorianna

No comments:

Post a Comment